Join us as we kickoff the inaugural Heart Across America ride on Sunday, March 22 from 10am-12pm.
8:00am: Early morning ride
Join Sean and his team for a warm up ride from the Intel headquarters in Santa Clara (16 miles)
10am: Booths open
11:30am: Event proper begins
Health, wellness and technology booths around Palo Alto City Hall Plaza will open at 10am
Speeches from Mayor Karen Holman, Sean, Stanford Hospital, AHA, and Former Olympian George Mount
12pm: Ride to HP Campus
Join us for a casual ride down Bryant St, onto Oregon Expy and into the HP Campus (3 miles)
Ride the short route to the HP Campus
Not everybody can cycle 5,000 miles that Sean is about to. If you'll be joining us at the kickoff, join us for a 3 mile ride to the HP Campus. Afterwards, bid Sean and the other cyclists* goodbye as they continue their ride towards Davenport. Anybody and everybody is invited - take part in starting this inaugural ride across America.
Ride the first full leg to Davenport
The first full ride segment will end in Davenport, and we will be staying at Davenport Roadhouse. As of March 2, their rooms have been fully booked. If you are looking for a place to stay the night before going back home, or continuing with Sean the day after, please look into Costanoa Lodge in Costanoa which is 13.6 miles before Davenport, or Best Western Plus in Santa Cruz which is 11.6 miles after Davenport. Details on how everybody will reunite the day after will be handed out the day of.
What to expect at the event
- Free food and drinks
- Products giveaways and raffles from sponsors
- Free blood pressure checks and screening with Stanford Hospital
- Free carotid artery IMT ultrasound screening utilizing Samsung Ultrasound Systems*
- A designated Kid's Corner offering fun activities for children.
- Honor heart and stroke survivors
- Local cycling clubs and bike shops
- Learn healthy lifestyle tips from health and wellness organizations
- Learn more from American Heart Association and Pacific Stroke Association
- Meet former Olympians from the Bay Area and Silicon Valley executives
*subject to availability - requires patient consent and release